The Police Command in Lagos State, on Wednesday, said it arrested 15 suspected cultists and restored normalcy to the Ikosi/Ketu area of Lagos State.
The arrest was made after a clash between some suspected cult groups, Eye, Aiye and Buccaneer confraternities.
CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, who confirmed the development in a statement on Wednesday, said the suspects were arrested with two locally-made pistols, some live cartridges, assorted charms and other items.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the crisis was connected to the revenue generation at the Ketu fruits market.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- Man confess raping 10-year-old in Kwara as victim’s family wants no-case
- Chelsea owner, Abramovich set to pull the club out of European Super League
- Insecurity: Nigeria will not be surrender to terrorists – SGF, Boss Mustapha
- EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Internet Fraudsters in Lagos
- Delta: Two kidnappers arrested, four victims rescued by Police
“Efforts are in top gear to apprehend other fleeing members of the gangs that orchestrated crisis in the area,” the police spokesperson said.
Adejobi said that the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, Mr Hakeem Odumosu, had ordered that the suspects be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Panti, Yaba, for discreet Investigation.
He said that the commissioner reiterated the command’s commitment to fighting crimes and criminality, especially cultism in the State.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes