Iwobi tested positive from the COVID-19 test made mandatory by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) before every Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier.
The positive result meant that the 24-year-old is out of the Super Eagles to face Benin Republic in an AFCON qualifier on Saturday, March 27, 2021.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Man confess raping 10-year-old in Kwara as victim’s family wants no-case
- Chelsea owner, Abramovich set to pull the club out of European Super League
- Insecurity: Nigeria will not be surrender to terrorists – SGF, Boss Mustapha
- EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Internet Fraudsters in Lagos
- Delta: Two kidnappers arrested, four victims rescued by Police
The Everton star has been put in isolation and will await a second result to know if he will be a part of the game against Lesotho on Tuesday, March 30.
The Everton star had been with the Super Eagles squad since Monday, March 22, ahead of the games and travelled with the team to the Benin Republic.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes