The Deputy Senate President, Ovie Omo-Agege, on Saturday said the All Progressives Congress aspired to take over the six states in the South-South by 2023.
Omo-Agege spoke at the end of the party’s zonal constitution review meeting in Asaba, Delta State capital.
He said, “The South-South is growing to become a formidable base of our great party.
“By the end of the 2023 general elections, it is our aspiration to have in our control all the six states in the region. This is possible and we intend to make it happen.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Man confess raping 10-year-old in Kwara as victim’s family wants no-case
- Chelsea owner, Abramovich set to pull the club out of European Super League
- Insecurity: Nigeria will not be surrender to terrorists – SGF, Boss Mustapha
- EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Internet Fraudsters in Lagos
- Delta: Two kidnappers arrested, four victims rescued by Police
“We won in Bayelsa. The state was clearly ours but we were deprived, using the instrument of the court at the last minute.
“In Edo, obviously we won that place, but for obvious reasons, we were also deprived.
“So, when people say the South-South has a PDP DNA, it is not true because as we speak right now, people are defecting from the PDP into our fold, the APC.
“As we proceed with registration, initially we started with 12 million membership target. We have gone ahead to 36 million membership across the country well ahead the original target of 12 million membership.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes