Unidentified gunmen in the early hours of Tuesday killed a Chief Superintendent of Police, Benedict Okoh Ajide and other police officers in the Essien Udim Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom state.
SaharaReporters gathered that the gunmen also killed a yet-to-be ascertained number of military officers while many others were injured.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Ekiti: Police arrest 10 suspects over alleged rival cult clash
- Troops Arrest Boko Haram informant
- Before I escape Boko Haram’s den, many schoolgirls were pregnant – Victims
- Adobe, PDFs developer, Charles Geschke dies at age 81
- Sanwo-Olu Ignore Amotekun in Lagos, Says Neighborhood Watch Is Back By Law
The policemen and soldiers were said to be in the community for peacekeeping efforts.
“Unknown gunmen attacked some police officers and soldiers today. Their Hilux vans were also set ablaze,” a source told SaharaReporters.
The Minister of Niger Delta, Godswill Akpabio is from the local government area.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes