Former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Prof Charles Soludo’s political rally was disrupted on Wednesday, March 31, 2021, as gunmen opened fire during the rally, killing three of his aides.
The incident happened at Soludo’s community in Isuofia, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State when he was having a meeting with the youths of the area.
Soludo is one of the frontline aspirants in the November 6 governorship election in Anambra state.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- BREAKING: Hoodlums set Anambra ‘police zonal headquarters’ ablaze
- Museveni asks MPs to Emulate Jesus Christ
- Ekiti: Police arrest 10 suspects over alleged rival cult clash
- Troops Arrest Boko Haram informant
- Before I escape Boko Haram’s den, many schoolgirls were pregnant – Victims
According to TheSUN, the former CBN governor was safe but his whereabouts was unknown.
Confirming the attack, the Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Sunday Kuryas said reports from his men in the area said some gunmen stormed Isuofia Townhall, where Soludo was having a meeting with the youths of the community.
Kuryas also confirmed that three policemen were gunned down while the state Commissioner for Public Utilities, Emeka Ezenwanne, was taken away by the gunmen.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes