The Ondo state police command says it has begun an investigation into the cause of death of some cows in Akungba-Akoko, Akoko South West Local Government Area of the state.
Fifty cows died in mysterious circumstances in the community on Monday, March 29. The cows belonging to one Ibrahim Saliu were rumored to have been poisoned.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Bandits: Katsina Govt set to deploys dogs to boarding Schools
- Former Bad Boy Rapper, Black Rob Dies At 51
- US, China unite to tackle climate crisis with urgency
- Chelsea dent ‘noisy neighbor’ hope of quadruple, advance to FA Cup final
- Insecurity: 4 soldiers reportedly killed as insurgents attack village in Borno
Confirming the incident to newsmen, the spokesperson for the state police command, DSP Tee-Leo Ikoro, said the cows were given poisoned water, adding that further investigations into the matter had commenced.
In 2019, about 36 cows were reportedly killed by a thunderstorm at Ijare, in the Ifedore Local Government Area of Ondo state. Community leaders suggested that the disaster was due to the desecration of a sacred shrine by Fulani herders who had intruded into the shrine of the ancient deity.
Despite the supernatural interpretation by the traditionalists, police said the thunderstorm that killed the cows was natural.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes