“After the latest PCR Sars-Cov2 test, Marco Verratti is confirmed positive. He will isolate and be subject to appropriate health protocol,” PSG said in a statement.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 3 INEC officers dies in auto crash in Borno
- Official: Tottenham sacks Jose Mourinho, named Ryan Mason as new coach
- We spend N2.9bn on Ramadan welfare – Zamfara govt reveal
- Hoodlums set Anambra ‘police zonal headquarters’ ablaze
- Museveni asks MPs to Emulate Jesus Christ
Italy midfielder Verratti, 28, will also miss PSG’s top-of-the-table clash with Lille on Saturday, with the teams in first and second place and locked on 63 points.
This is the second time this year that Verratti has contracted Covid-19. He missed two Ligue 1 matches between the end of January and the start of February due to a positive virus test.
His absence will make the task harder for PSG coach Mauricio Pochettino as his will also be without Verratti’s midfield partner Leandro Paredes.
Bayern will be without star striker Robert Lewandowski for Wednesday’s match at the Allianz Arena after the Pole was ruled out for nearly a month with a knee injury picked up on international duty.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes