Sanusi Maradun, a former Commissioner for Social Welfare in Zamfara, has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
NAN reports that Maradun announced his defection on Saturday in Gusau, Zamfara State capital.
The politician said he decided to join the APC based on its success in retaining grassroots politics in the state.
“Anybody who wants to develop in politics must embrace APC under the leadership of the former governor of the state, Abdul’aziz Yari.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Bandits: Katsina Govt set to deploys dogs to boarding Schools
- Former Bad Boy Rapper, Black Rob Dies At 51
- US, China unite to tackle climate crisis with urgency
- Chelsea dent ‘noisy neighbor’ hope of quadruple, advance to FA Cup final
- Insecurity: 4 soldiers reportedly killed as insurgents attack village in Borno
“I served in Yari’s cabinet as a commissioner and I know the kind of efforts he made during his tenure to promote human and infrastructure development.”
Maradun described the APC as the only vibrant political party in the state.
He commended the state APC caretaker committee and the stakeholders for reconciling warring factions.
Maradun expressed optimism that the party would win the 2023 governorship election.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes