Paris Saint-Germain forward, Neymar, has put contract talks with the club on hold and is keen to return to Barcelona, ARA reports.
The 29-year-old’s current deal with the Ligue 1 champions is due to expire next June.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Man confess raping 10-year-old in Kwara as victim’s family wants no-case
- Chelsea owner, Abramovich set to pull the club out of European Super League
- Insecurity: Nigeria will not be surrender to terrorists – SGF, Boss Mustapha
- EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Internet Fraudsters in Lagos
- Delta: Two kidnappers arrested, four victims rescued by Police
But it had been thought Neymar was on the verge of signing a new long-term contract in Paris.
Talk of a return to Barca has quietened in recent months, with the Catalan giants believed to be focusing on keeping Lionel Messi and bringing Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Braut Haaland to Camp Nou.
However, it is understood Neymar has put the brakes on renewal talks, as he wants to return to Spain to play alongside Messi.
Messi is now said to be leaning towards extending his stay at Barca rather than leaving on a free transfer amid interest from Manchester City.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes