Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has vowed to drop players in his squad, who act like they are on holiday.
This follows Emmanuel Petit’s brutal review of his former club.
Petit, who won the Premier League and FA Cup during his time with the Gunners, criticized the club’s recent recruitment and said too many players treat it like a “holiday retreat”.
Arteta, speaking ahead of Thursday’s Europa League clash with Slavia Prague, says he has taken Petit’s assessment on board and vowed to change his mind about Arsenal.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Man confess raping 10-year-old in Kwara as victim’s family wants no-case
- Chelsea owner, Abramovich set to pull the club out of European Super League
- Insecurity: Nigeria will not be surrender to terrorists – SGF, Boss Mustapha
- EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Internet Fraudsters in Lagos
- Delta: Two kidnappers arrested, four victims rescued by Police
“He [Petit] knows the club well. He was here in their most successful years and has that opinion. I’m here to change that opinion.
“I am here to give my evaluation of what I see every day and where we are and I know where we are and where we want to go. We have to respect that.
“Showing passion goes with the character. People who are much more extroverted than introverted show more emotion with their body language than others.
“But it doesn’t mean it does not hurt as much. For sure, players who don’t have that passion, that emotion and that commitment, won’t be in this football club,” Arteta said.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes