The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Mohammed Sabo Nanono, has reportedly married an 18-year-old secondary school leaver.
The 74-year-old minister tied the knot with the young woman, identified simply as Rakiya, in a secret wedding held on Saturday, April 3, in Jere Town, Kaduna State.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2023: Buhari’s successor should come from South East – Edwin Clark
- 3 INEC officers dies in auto crash in Borno
- Official: Tottenham sacks Jose Mourinho, named Ryan Mason as new coach
- We spend N2.9bn on Ramadan welfare – Zamfara govt reveal
- Hoodlums set Anambra ‘police zonal headquarters’ ablaze
It was gathered that only three minister representatives attended the ceremony and that the young bride has already settled in his Tamandu close residence in Kano.
“The minister only assigned three people and warned them against disclosing the details of the marriage to people,” a family source, who preferred anonymity, told Daily Nigerian.
The source said Nanono’s family had kicked against the wedding but the minister insisted on marrying the girl despite the over 50 years age gap.
“The minister is madly in love. He appeared unstoppable,” the source added.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes