Bayern Munich are keeping tabs on Almeria striker Umar Sadiq, according to reports in Spain.
Sadiq only joined the Andalusian club in October last year and has scored 15 goals and five assists from 29 games since joining on a five-year deal from Serbian side FK Partizan for €5m.
According to Spanish daily, AS, there has been no offer for the Nigerian from the German club, with the player’s release clause standing at €60m should Almeria gain promotion to La Liga.
La Liga giants Sevilla are also understood to be interested in Sadiq, with the club’s sporting director Monchi holding preliminary talks with Almeria.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2023: Buhari’s successor should come from South East – Edwin Clark
- 3 INEC officers dies in auto crash in Borno
- Official: Tottenham sacks Jose Mourinho, named Ryan Mason as new coach
- We spend N2.9bn on Ramadan welfare – Zamfara govt reveal
- Hoodlums set Anambra ‘police zonal headquarters’ ablaze
Sadiq’s fortunes have improved greatly since his ill-fated spell with Glasgow Rangers.
A loan spell with Perugia yielded just three goals from 18 games, but his initial stint with Partizan, also on loan, resulted in 17 goals in 39 games.
He added six in 13 the following season before being snapped up by Almeria, after 23 goals and 19 assists for the Belgrade club.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes