Ifiezibe Gagbe, Bayelsa swimmer has won six gold medals in swimming and is aiming for four more at the National Sports Festival in Benin.
Gagbe won the 800m freestyle women event on Friday, with a time of 10:41.01 seconds.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Lewandowski Equals Muller’s 40-Goal Record With Freiburg Strike
- FA Cup Final: Nigerians roots for Iheanacho, Ndidi to win with Leicester City
- Super Eagles Midfielder, John Ogu Prays For Iheanacho, Ndidi Ahead of FA Cup Final
- Ini Umoren: Another Lady shares her Facebook chat with Frank Uduak
- I and my husband planned to opt for surrogacy— Liz Anjorin
At the end of the race, a very excited Gagbe said she was hopeful of four more gold medals.
“I feel so excited. I have more than four events to participate in and I hope that they will all be gold.
“The last festival in Abuja 2018, I won 14 silver medals, no gold.
“This was because I was not fit enough having delivered my baby. Now I am going to make a statement,” she said.
The athlete appealed for Bayelsa Government’s support for athletes, saying “I want the Bayelsa Government to encourage the athletes.
“Government should encourage them with financial remuneration because sometimes we feel that after these competitions, nothing is offered to the athletes thereafter, ” Gagbe said.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes