The Acting Inspector-General of Police, Mr Usman Baba, says there is a critical security situation in the South-East and South-South geopolitical zones of the country.
Baba disclosed this on Friday in Abuja at the opening of a meeting with police strategic commanders in the zones.
He said the meeting was aimed at discussing security issues affecting the two regions of the country in order to resolve them.
According to Baba, after the meeting, the commanders will go back to their zones to implement the outcome of the meeting.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Lewandowski Equals Muller’s 40-Goal Record With Freiburg Strike
- FA Cup Final: Nigerians roots for Iheanacho, Ndidi to win with Leicester City
- Super Eagles Midfielder, John Ogu Prays For Iheanacho, Ndidi Ahead of FA Cup Final
- Ini Umoren: Another Lady shares her Facebook chat with Frank Uduak
- I and my husband planned to opt for surrogacy— Liz Anjorin
The IGP said the challenges would require the force to rejig its operational strategies to ensure that the issues were nip in the bud immediately.
“It is not like we do not have problems in other geopolitical zones of the country, but we have to address them one after the other.’’
He said calling a larger meeting of all Commissioners of Police and other senior officers would not be right at the moment because of COVID-19 protocols.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes