Comedian, Debo Adebayo (a.k.a Mr Macaroni) has tells Nigerian filmakers to Normalize paying upcoming talents and treating them with respect.
Macaroni shared his views via a recent Twitter thread where he also opened up about his ordeal with Nollywood producers when he first kicked off his acting career.
“I’m not asking anyone to be a rebel ooo.. lol. The industry is tough.. I know. But when I started acting, I had issues with quite a number of producers. It’s one thing not to pay me. I tolerated that one. But disrespect me?? Never!! I’ll give you my piece of mind and walk out”, the star comedian tweeted.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Fake news weakening Nigerian troops fighting bandits – Matawalle
- Contract Saga: Lionel Messi ‘banned from Barcelona training’
- Pre-Season: Havertz, Tammy scored as Chelsea defeats Arsenal (2-1)
- #TwitterBan: Commonwealth closely monitoring Nigerian situation – Official says
- Impressive Enoch Adegoke pull-out of 100m final with injury
The social media influencer’s tweets comes barely weeks after Nollywood Twitter buzzed with reports that certain producers pay screenwriters as low as N25,000 for scripts and sometimes, con the upcoming talents with the promise of exposure.
Recall Mr Macaroni made headlines in February when he got arrested alongside 39 other alleged Lekki Toll Gate protesters.