It was a black Sunday in Enugu State as 17 passengers died in a bus crashed.
A fully loaded 18-seater Hummer bus was swept inside a culvert at the Lagos park axis of Enugu-Onitsha express road following Sunday night heavy rainfall.
The culvert was filled with debris and concrete, leaving no or little chances of survivor and had to be broken before victims were pulled out.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Fake news weakening Nigerian troops fighting bandits – Matawalle
- Contract Saga: Lionel Messi ‘banned from Barcelona training’
- Pre-Season: Havertz, Tammy scored as Chelsea defeats Arsenal (2-1)
- #TwitterBan: Commonwealth closely monitoring Nigerian situation – Official says
- Impressive Enoch Adegoke pull-out of 100m final with injury
According to report, 17 out of 18 passengers were pronounced dead.
Information gathered by Akewusolaf reveals the only surviver was the driver’s wife and she was rushed to Toronto hospital, Upper Iweka.