A fire outbreak at an internally displaced persons’ (IDP) campin Gajiram, the headquarters of Nganzai local government area of Borno State has claimed the lives of two people.
Eyewitnesses told Premium Times the IDP camp caught fire two different times in less than 24 hours.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Twitter influencer, Tife Fabunmi sues his ex girlfriend, Sansa over rape allegation
- We have a terror group in Lagos now – Kanu claims
- See what Pep Guardiola is saying about Ferran Torres
- Investors set to revamp Akwa Ibom’s Quality Ceramics company with N900m
- Division of Nigeria will lead to calamity – Atiku Abubakar
Malam Bashir, the camp chairman in Gajiram said;
“We do not know the cause of the fire, but the disaster occurred twice in quick succession.
“The first one happened on Monday night and the second happened the next morning.”
Mr Bashir said over 200 homes made of grass and corrugated sheets were razed in the twin fire incident. It was also learnt that the IDPs are yet to receive any form of assistance or palliative support about 48 hours after the fire destroyed all that they had.
Gaji Adamu, a male IDP said;
“This is the most difficult period for us in recent times.
“We hoped to start the fasting with the little food given to us earlier this month, but here we are left with nothing to eat and no roof upon our heads.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes