The Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde on Friday sacked the Vice Chancellor of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Prof. M. O. Ologunde.
The decision of the governor, who is the visitor to the institution, was communicated in a letter through the Commissioner for Education, Science, and Technology, Olasunkanmi Olaleye, on Friday.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Twitter influencer, Tife Fabunmi sues his ex girlfriend, Sansa over rape allegation
- We have a terror group in Lagos now – Kanu claims
- See what Pep Guardiola is saying about Ferran Torres
- Investors set to revamp Akwa Ibom’s Quality Ceramics company with N900m
- Division of Nigeria will lead to calamity – Atiku Abubakar
The development is believed to be connected with the dissolution of the joint ownership of the institution by Oyo and Osun states.
He directed the VC to hand over forthwith to the principal dean officer in order not to interrupt academic activities in the university.
The letter reads in part, “His Excellency, Engr. Seyi Makinde, the governor of Oyo state and the visitor to the Ladoke Akintola University, Ogbomoso has directed that the Vice Chancellor of the institution, Prof. M. O. Ologunde should step aside until further notice.
“Consequently, the VC has also been directed to hand over forthwith to the next principal officer in rank in order to ensure uninterrupted flow of normal activities of the institution.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes