The Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) has confirmed the arrests of 27 suspected internet fraudster in Lagos.
The suspects are: David Promise, Cyril Okodogbe, Taiwo Femi, Jasa Oghenerwede Frank, Adesokan Ibrahim, Femi Emmanuel Phillip, Jimoh Olayinka Alimi, Anene Dominic, Victor Damola, Israel Attah, Alonge Oluwadamilare, Muhammadu Sani Garba, Luis Fred and Adu Olaoluwa.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Fake news weakening Nigerian troops fighting bandits – Matawalle
- Contract Saga: Lionel Messi ‘banned from Barcelona training’
- Pre-Season: Havertz, Tammy scored as Chelsea defeats Arsenal (2-1)
- #TwitterBan: Commonwealth closely monitoring Nigerian situation – Official says
- Impressive Enoch Adegoke pull-out of 100m final with injury
Others are: Precious Utomi, Oladosu Samuel, Andrew John, Olayiwola Ojo, Ekong Samuel Enobong, Oluwakemi Ezekiel, Okewole Segun, Olawale Adekunle, Ajibade Idris Adeniyi, Imeobong-Odion Promise, Karaole Lateef, Rowland Emmanuel and Nelson Lucky.
According to EFCC, they were arrested on April 9, 2021 in the Ayobo-Ipaja area of Lagos State, following verified intelligence received by the Commission about their alleged involvement in computer- related fraud.
Items recovered from the suspects include mobile phones, laptop computers and exotic cars.
However, the EFCC said the suspects will be charged to court.