Three staff members of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) serving in Borno State have lost their lives while on national assignment.
Adamu Mohammed, an electoral officer, as well as Abubakar Hamma Joda and Suleiman Umar, both assistant electoral officers, died in a car accident on Sunday, April 18, 2021.
The commission announced in a statement on Monday, April 19 that the trio, alongside others, were travelling from some local government areas to Maiduguri when the accident happened.
Five other assistant electoral officers sustained injuries as a result of the accident, and are receiving treatment at a hospital in Maiduguri.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Lewandowski Equals Muller’s 40-Goal Record With Freiburg Strike
- FA Cup Final: Nigerians roots for Iheanacho, Ndidi to win with Leicester City
- Super Eagles Midfielder, John Ogu Prays For Iheanacho, Ndidi Ahead of FA Cup Final
- Ini Umoren: Another Lady shares her Facebook chat with Frank Uduak
- I and my husband planned to opt for surrogacy— Liz Anjorin
The team had been travelling for a special training ahead of INEC’s conversion of voting points into polling units.
The deceased officers, all Adamawa natives, are to be buried in Yola on Monday, with the Supervising National Commissioner of Borno, Adamawa, and Taraba, Ahmed Tijanni Mu’azu, representing INEC
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes