Troops of the Operation Lafiya Dole have reportedly arrested a suspected Boko Haram informant, Modu Ari, in Yobe State.
The Nigerian Army claimed that Ari and his accomplices’ spying activities were responsible for the attacks on troops’ position by terrorists in the Kamuya area of Yobe State.
The suspected informant was apprehended by troops of the 27 Task Force Bridge, according to the Nigerian Army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Yerima.
Yerima disclosed in a statement on Sunday that on interrogation, Ari confessed to have revealed troops’ movements and position to his Boko Haram collaborators.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Fake news weakening Nigerian troops fighting bandits – Matawalle
- Contract Saga: Lionel Messi ‘banned from Barcelona training’
- Pre-Season: Havertz, Tammy scored as Chelsea defeats Arsenal (2-1)
- #TwitterBan: Commonwealth closely monitoring Nigerian situation – Official says
- Impressive Enoch Adegoke pull-out of 100m final with injury
He said in a statement titled, ‘Troops arrest Boko Haram informant, tighten security around Kamuya, Yobe State’, “Investigation is, however, ongoing to unravel the network of local informants, whose nefarious activities have endangered troops on clearance operations around the fringes of the Timbuktu Triangle.”