Troops of the Operation Lafiya Dole have reportedly arrested a suspected Boko Haram informant, Modu Ari, in Yobe State.
The Nigerian Army claimed that Ari and his accomplices’ spying activities were responsible for the attacks on troops’ position by terrorists in the Kamuya area of Yobe State.
The suspected informant was apprehended by troops of the 27 Task Force Bridge, according to the Nigerian Army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Yerima.
Yerima disclosed in a statement on Sunday that on interrogation, Ari confessed to have revealed troops’ movements and position to his Boko Haram collaborators.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Twitter influencer, Tife Fabunmi sues his ex girlfriend, Sansa over rape allegation
- We have a terror group in Lagos now – Kanu claims
- See what Pep Guardiola is saying about Ferran Torres
- Investors set to revamp Akwa Ibom’s Quality Ceramics company with N900m
- Division of Nigeria will lead to calamity – Atiku Abubakar
He said in a statement titled, ‘Troops arrest Boko Haram informant, tighten security around Kamuya, Yobe State’, “Investigation is, however, ongoing to unravel the network of local informants, whose nefarious activities have endangered troops on clearance operations around the fringes of the Timbuktu Triangle.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes