Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, says the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Pantami should resign from office, irrespective of his recent volte-face on his previous support for extremist groups.
The governor noted that in an ideal society, an allegation that the United States of America has placed a serving minister on its watch list as regards to terrorism, should shake any government into action.
He stated this during an interview with the African Independent Television (AIT) in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital on Tuesday.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Twitter influencer, Tife Fabunmi sues his ex girlfriend, Sansa over rape allegation
- We have a terror group in Lagos now – Kanu claims
- See what Pep Guardiola is saying about Ferran Torres
- Investors set to revamp Akwa Ibom’s Quality Ceramics company with N900m
- Division of Nigeria will lead to calamity – Atiku Abubakar
He said if it was really where a government is working, “if an American government says your minister is on a watch list, it calls for concern for you say look there is a problem.
“The moment a high government official is on a watch list as to regards to terrorism, no government can fold its hands and allow it.
“I don’t understand why a reasonable government will allow such a person to be in the cabinet.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes