Former Senate President, Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki has called for the prosecution of Iniobong Umoren’s killers.
Umoren, who was first declared missing was said to have been raped before she was gruesomely killed.
The deceased left home on Thursday, April 29, 2021, for a job interview at Airport road in Uyo Akwa Ibom capital. But two days after, she was found dead and her body was buried in a shallow grave.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Fake news weakening Nigerian troops fighting bandits – Matawalle
- Contract Saga: Lionel Messi ‘banned from Barcelona training’
- Pre-Season: Havertz, Tammy scored as Chelsea defeats Arsenal (2-1)
- #TwitterBan: Commonwealth closely monitoring Nigerian situation – Official says
- Impressive Enoch Adegoke pull-out of 100m final with injury
Reacting to Twitter conversations about Umoren’s killing on Sunday, May 2, 2021, via his @bukolasaraki handle, Saraki commiserated with the deceased’s family and friends who kept the issue trending for four days while Umoren’s whereabouts were still being investigated.
“I’ve been following the #FindHinyHumoren hashtag closely over the past couple of days and I am extremely devastated that young Ms. Iniobong Umoren, who simply set out to find a job, was raped and murdered.
“At this extremely difficult time, my prayers are with her family and all her friends who kept this topic on the front burner over the last couple of days. I hope the perpetrators of this despicable act are swiftly tried and sentenced,” the former Senate President tweeted.
Meanwhile, Umoren’s killing has been linked to one Uduak Frank Akpan, who according to the police has been arrested with one other suspect.